Our client, a global, full-service Am Law 100 law firm, seeks 3rd to 4th-year Associates for its Privacy & Cybersecurity Practice Group. The position offers front-line, meaningful responsibility to advise clients on a range of US-focused privacy, security, and other data-related compliance counseling. Responsibilities will include guiding clients in determining priorities, risks, and implementation of data protection compliance programs, management of compliance projects such as risk and gap assessments, development of a broad range of policies and procedures (e.g., privacy policies, security policies, incident response plans, vendor contracting templates, business guidance, etc.), and contract and M&A negotiations. The position will involve management of complex privacy and cybersecurity workstreams, including proactive identification of issues and supervision of junior lawyers.
- 3-5 years of practical privacy/data protection/cybersecurity counseling experience (e.g., counseling on state, federal, and non-US privacy, data protection and cybersecurity compliance, guidance on product development and incident response).
- Excellent academic and strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Large law firm experience preferred (boutique specialists may be considered).
- Technical experience relevant to cybersecurity counseling will be viewed positively but is not mandatory.
- Certified Information Privacy Professionals are preferred but not mandatory, including the following certifications: CIPP-US, CIPT, and CIPM J.D. degree or equivalent.
We submit confidential inquiries to our hiring contacts which preserves the confidentiality of the attorney candidate.