Our Exclusive Legal Recruiting Process Entails:
- Meeting with management. A successful search starts with a thorough understanding of not only the counsel position to be filled, but also the culture of the surrounding organization. We meet with management, company executives and other stakeholders to ascertain credentials, personalities, organizational structure and company philosophies.
- Developing comprehensive job descriptions. Based on our conversations with you, we develop a comprehensive position description to attract successful attorneys with the exact qualifications you seek.
- Targeted research and recruitment. We look for candidates that possess and exceed your criteria for academic excellence and legal training and experience. We take advantage of our extensive network of past clients and candidates who are themselves, law firm partners, department chairs, general counsels, senior associate attorneys and law school career placement professionals. Where appropriate, we utilize social media, job boards, career networking platforms and good old-fashioned cold calling to cast a wide net.
- Screening and interviewing. Qualified candidates are first extensively phone-screened and then interviewed in person. While many attorneys appear qualified on paper, our highly experienced director of legal recruiting interviews each candidate personally to confirm credentials and skills, expectations and goals and, most importantly, personality and temperament alignment with your organization.
- Selective and detailed submissions. We whittle down our candidate pool to a manageable and select group of attorneys who we feel possess the best experience and personal traits for the position and for your organization. Our detailed submissions include a complete summary of each candidate’s legal training and work experience, educational background and personality characteristics and are accompanied by resumes, law school transcripts, deal sheets and writing samples.
- Scheduling and follow-ups. We help you schedule initial interviews and follow-up interviews. We obtain and contact references and provide written summaries of those conversations. We assist in negotiating and conveying offers. From beginning to end, we stay in constant contact with you.
The Atticus Recruiting Difference
Candidate evaluation is the single key element to successful attorney hires and long-term placements. Atticus removes the internal conflict inherent in larger recruiting firms by funneling all qualified candidates through our highly experienced director of legal recruiting. This provides a consistency of approach and a clearer benchmarking of candidate qualifications while removing any commission driven internal lobbying on a specific candidate’s behalf. Our sole focus is putting forth the best candidates for your hiring needs.