EXCLUSIVE Our client, a national redeveloper of large industrial properties with $2.5B in assets under management (“Company”), seeks a Legal Director (“LD”) for its redevelopment project in Philadelphia (“Project”). Reporting directly to the Company’s General Counsel, the LD will manage the day-to-day legal needs of the redevelopment of a former 1,300 acre oil refinery located in Philadelphia into a state of the art multi-modal logistics facility and commercial hub which is estimated to take 13 years to complete. The LD will identify, analyze, report, manage, transact and resolve a wide array of legal issues in a fluid and dynamic real-time environment. The LD will advise Company executives and stakeholders on issues concerning the Project and will engage and manage outside counsel, as necessary.
• Stellar academic credentials including a Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school.
• 10+ years of large commercial law firm and /or large in-house legal department training. Ideal candidate will have a strong background in corporate, real estate and/or environmental matters. Project development expertise is preferred.
• Strong drafting, review and negotiation skills including experience with contracts, manuals, policies and procedures.
• Excellent communication skills with the gravitas to interact with senior management and stakeholders clearly and confidently on issues of risk, current and prospective legal issues, budgets and time-lines.
• Regulatory experience including meeting and interacting with local, state and federal government leaders and governing bodies.
• Exceptional broad based analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity with litigation and the ability to manage a significant outside counsel budget judicially and efficiently.
• The ability to lead, manage and work well in a team environment and individually, and to perform in a fast paced, dynamic and multi-faceted environment.
Salary and bonus are highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include major medical insurance, 401k and participation in Long Term Incentive Plans.
We submit confidential inquiries to our hiring contacts which preserves the confidentiality of the attorney candidate.